Paid Intern - Events Seasonal
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: September 2017 - May 2018. (Part-Time Seasonal, 25 hours week)
Wage: $10.50/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
Summary: The Events Intern is responsible for assisting in the organization, execution and production elements of Sacramento Kings and Golden 1 Center related events, both in-arena and at off-site locations as directed by the Director, Event Production.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
• Assist in identifying the needs of internal clients as it relates to events.
• Co-manage and co-produce events that meet the needs of internal clients.
• Ensure that all necessary internal and external resources are procured to ensure production of successful events.
• Maintain a vendor and facilities database with regular updates.
• Clarify event policies, SOPs and processes to all internal clients.
• Assist in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives of the areas of their work.
• Be accountable for on time deliverables of expected projects and events.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Capable of working flexible hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, and on-call as needed.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Please tell me a time where you planned and executed an event from start to finish?
3. Are you currently enrolled in a college or university or a recent graduate (within 6 months)?
4. Are you able to work at least 25 hours a week until May 2018?