Paid Intern - Community Impact
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: September 2017 - May 2018. (25 hours a week)
Wage: $10.50/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
The Community Impact Intern will serve as an integral part of the Community Impact team; and will be responsible for supporting the 5-person CI Team. Assists in the response of community donation requests, supports the coordination of the charitable ticket program and assists with community events. Will perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
• The Community Impact Intern will solve problems.
• The Community Impact Intern will keep us organized.
• The Community Impact Intern will exceed our expectations.
The Community Impact team is more interested in these six qualities than in any particular type of experience. Prior experience in administration, the sports industry, the nonprofit sector, or philanthropy is a plus, but we’re essentially looking for the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working person we can find. Inspire us!
To be successful in this role, you will excel in the following key areas:
• Organization: You take pride in your work and in your work space.
• Attention to detail: You strive for perfection and can simultaneously see the big picture and smallest aspect of a project.
• Communication: You are an exceptionally clear communicator who can write and speak with confidence.
• Learning quickly: We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be a quick and perspective learner.
• Self-reliance: You have a knack for figuring things out and require minimal oversight to see a project through to its end.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: You are ambitious and creative, and you are excited about the idea of helping us to build something meaningful.
What you’ll do:
The Community Impact Intern will support the CI team in problem solving, planning, and executing for the 2017-18 season.
• Communications (responding to donation requests, maintaining donations database, providing weekly updates and recommendations).
• Planning and assisting with the 2017-18 charitable ticket program.
• Planning and assisting during the 2017-18 season; game night themes, community group integration, concourse programming and other activities.
The Community Impact Intern will assist the CI team in organization.
• You’ll support community events, including set up and break down of events.
• You’ll support storage inventory and organization; maintaining the database of CI inventory.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe a time where you created #dogood moment in the community.
2. What makes you #SacramentoProud?
3. Why is it important to you to do community impact work for the Sacramento Kings?
4. Please describe your volunteer experience or experience working in the non-profit sector?
5. Are you currently enrolled in a college or university or a recent graduate (within 6 months)?
6. Are you a local resident or able to relocate to Sacramento?
7. Are you able to at least work 25 hours a week for the duration of the internship?