Intern - Digital Seasonal
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Timeframe: September 2016 - May 2017 (25 hours a week)
Wage: $10.00/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
Qualifications: MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be eligible.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Assist in the creation of Web art and imagery with experience using Photoshop
• Assist in editing/posting practice, gameday and event videos online
• Assist in the creation, posting and sharing of unique and compelling written content across Sacramento Kings and team-related digital platforms
• Assist in team-related digital communication, moderation, content production and compiling digital stats
• Assist in development of social and content strategy
• Regularly work days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Third- or fourth-year college student or recent college graduate with focus in digital media, journalism, marketing, communications or related field
• Highly adept in writing stories, from ideation to conducting interviews to integrating multimedia to posting final product online
• Highly adept in Photoshop and designing Web art
• Experience creating, editing and posting videos online
• Working knowledge of the Sacramento Kings and NBA
• Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and emerging digital trends
• A passion for basketball and technology
• Experience creating Web pages using HTML, CSS and Java Script a plus
• A highly-motivated self-starter
• Team oriented
• Extremely organized
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented workplace
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe your knowledge of the NBA and Sacramento Kings.
2. Are you a current college Junior, Senior, or recent college graduate (graduated less than six months ago?
3. How would you characterize your content production (written/multimedia) skill set?
4. Are you in commuting distance to Sleep Train Arena (within 30 miles)?
5. Are you able to work at least 25 hours a week?