Media Arts Instructor
STAR EducationCulver City, CA
Part Time Job
STAR's Media Arts Department is looking for skilled filmmakers and photographers to teach elementary-level media arts classes after school.
This is the perfect gig for artists looking for more fulfillment in their work by shaping future media artists. Classes range from stop-motion animation to photography and narrative filmmaking.
This job is great for people who want to become teachers, have worked at camps, or have a passion for working with kids! If you are dynamic, fun, reliable and have a passion to inspire the next generation of successful students, STAR Education is looking for you to join our team!
STAR Education's mission is to offer extended educational, recreational, and enrichment programs to students; support and enhance school curriculum; improve student achievement; and expand the cultural base of young people through innovative, quality programs offered by highly qualified instructors.
- We operate on campus at various school sites Monday through Friday from approximately 2pm -- 5pm, with some in-school programs happening during normal school hours.
-This is for professionals whom would not rely on this job be their primary source of income and can commit to about 6-10 hours a week depending on class availability.
-Our classes meet once a week and run for 8 to 16 weeks, so we are looking for people to commit to teaching full class runs.
-Media Arts works primarily with iPads and small point-and-shoot cameras that are easy for kids and adults to learn and use effectively.
-Pay Rate is $25-$30/hr, part-time . Rate determined by experience and qualifications.
-Must be familiar with tablet and DSLR camera technology and editing programs like Premiere Pro and FCP X
-Must have experience teaching/tutoring elementary-aged children and guiding them to a shared goal.
-A personal computer with editing software is highly recommended but not required
- Reliable transportation.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Dedication to children who have diverse backgrounds and academic levels.
- Successful completion of 50-60 college credits (bring unofficial transcript to interview).
- Available afternoons, at least one day a week
- Ability to follow casual STAR dress code (including covering tattoos and removing piercings other than earrings) during work hours.
- A positive attitude
- Ready to learn
- Be enthusiastic, responsible, and enjoy working with kids!
Applicants will be required to take a TB test and be fingerprinted upon hiring.
Job Type: Part-time
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online