SIM GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Developer will need to have an understanding of many coding languages, as well as a decent understanding of the film/television industry. This person will ideally be a swiss army knife of languages as they will need to service many varying tasks within their role at Sim.
The role will offer a lot of opportunity to not only code, but also give the applicant a voice to invent new ideas and workflow for a rapidly growing team! This is not the type of coding/developing role where by we have a large team and your role will be doing one very specific task. We are looking for someone to be a major player in understanding how our post production department operates, to therefore offer up ideas for how to invent new applications that can automate routine tasks, offer up new solutions to clients and help our team push the industry forward with innovative ideas! You will also get the opportunity to work on some pretty exciting projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Create droplets and applications that will aid the post production department
• Create custom scripts to aggregate various digital assets and paperwork from production/post
• Assist and sometimes lead custom development work for Bling proprietary tools
• Ensure all scripts and tasks are being tracked and managed through Bling's project management tool
• Learn and support new technology as to support the business as needed
• Keep Director of Workflow informed of key developments that affect services delivered to the business
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Graduate of Information Technology/Computer Science program or equivalent
• Graduate of a film and or television Diploma
• A minimum of 1 year
• Knowledge of post production software like Avid, Resolve, Colorfront an asset
• Knowledge of post production formats/codecs
• Backend web development
• Knowledge of Laravel PHP framework
• Real world experience delivering dailies for TV or feature films.
• Proficient within Microsoft Office
• An understanding of how conform, final color and onlining works
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytic skills
• Well organized, disciplined and able to manage their own work and work within a team setting
• Knowledge of VMware, anti-virus, Microsoft Access, Terminal Services, Linux, Mac OS
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• Some physical effort required as everyone on the SIM team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
• Some exposure to physical risk
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online