Transform Operator (Night)
SDI MediaCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Global Media Transform Operator is responsible for creating proxy files to be used in the production and timing of subtitle and caption file creation. In addition, The Transform Operator will Encode/transcode customer content for distribution to Broadcasters, Video On Demand, Electronic Sell Through and new technologies as they emerge. There are three levels of classification, ''Media Transform Operator One'', ''Media Transform Operator Two'', ''Media Transform Technician''. These classifications will provide a scope of understanding needed to advance in the field of Digital Media. With each advance, a test will be given to challenge your knowledge of the office and its relative technical requirements.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Encode audio/video assets from any available source asset to specification using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment
• Transcode audio/video assets from any available source asset to specification using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment
• Perform audio/video editing, layback and standards conversion using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment
• Perform audio/video specification quality assurance prescribed by SDI's policy and procedures in advance of hand off to Quality Control
• Perform delivery of assets via accelerated digital delivery mechanisms using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment
• Troubleshoot and correct reported issues with assets and escalate to production managers and engineering as necessary
• Maintain an up to the minute accurate account of production and task status in SDI's job management systems
• Stay current with SDI workflows and workflow change management updates and tutorials
Must be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to perform the office of WMO1, WMO2, and WMT. In addition to the following
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask
• An understanding of subtitle and closed caption formats
• An understanding of telecine and its purpose
• An understanding of ''codecs'' and their uses
• Demonstrate the ability to detect audio video errors
• Understanding of encoders and transcoders
• Understanding of ''metadata'' and its function
• Understanding of ''Non Linear Editors''
• Understanding of digital file transport services
Qualifications and Experience
• Audio/Video trade school certification
• Two years of related technical experience
• Subject to proficiency test related to digital media
SDI Media is the world's s leading media localization provider, offering dubbing, subtitling, access services and media services for international, regional, and local content owners, aggregators, broadcasters, and new media distributors. With the world's largest network of owned and operated facilities and the most comprehensive suite of customizable localization software applications, SDI offers its clients a comprehensive end-to-end localization solution for feature films, episodic television series, interactive games, new media, and corporate needs. SDI offers its services for over 80 languages, and operates it global network of facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. With a presence in 33 countries, in over 35 markets, incorporating over 105 recording rooms and over 50 mixing rooms, SDI's global localization footprint provides the only one-stop media localization solution in the media industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online