Senior Network Engineer
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the global network and related services in a corporate production environment.
The position is a lead technical role, responsible for designing and implementing various networking technologies to meet IT and business requirements. In addition this role provides support to operations and performs various maintenance activities.
To successfully manage this role the incumbent must understand the concepts involved in IP routing, and layer 2 switching at a minimum. Familiarity with all products used isn't essential since this is ever-changing.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot enterprise LAN & WAN systems involving Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki and Brocade/Foundry equipment
• Design and implement new network solutions to meet specified requirements
• Cisco VPN management & Tier 3 client support
• Management of IPS/IDS and Web filtering (centered around Palo Alto Next Generation firewalls)
• Management of firewalls, DMZ environments and client Internet access protections
• Ensure management and monitoring systems accurately reflect the configuration and operational state of the network environment
• Proactively analyze the network and related technologies to determine areas of improvement or reconfiguration
• Develop documentation and effective network diagrams for support purposes
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to more junior network personnel
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues to resolution, including escalating to vendor support
• Work with third party providers such as ISPs, WAN providers and hardware/software vendors
• Plan, operate and troubleshoot dynamic routing across the global environment
• Familiarity with IP phone systems
• Working and integrating with provider operated BGP, OSPF and MPLS networks
• Working in a large company environment on multiple, complex projects simultaneously
• Work in a structured environment with change processes and notification procedures.
• Ability to work flexible hours and provide emergency coverage in a mission-critical, 24/7/365 environment.
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree preferred and/or four years related experience. CCNA or equivalent capability required with aptitude for higher level qualifications.
• 4+ years of experience with administration and design using Cisco or Brocade/Foundry network devices required.
• 4+ years of experience with firewalls, switches, VPN, LAN & WAN environments required.
• Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama
• Experience with Linux advantageous
• Experience with Solarwinds and Cacti advantageous
• Experience with Python and scripting beneficial
• Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Strong desire to succeed and satisfy internal customers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online