SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The AV QC Operator is responsible for the quality control assurance of video and audio specifications of all media to meet client standards.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform File QC's using various playback programs and nonlinear editing systems.
• View media and identify any defects (digital hits, macro blocking, interlacing, etc…), continuity or incomplete content found during testing.
• Listen to media and identify any audio drop outs, pops, distortions, etc…
• Knowledge of industry video and audio broadcast standards
• Complete detailed reports of quality control testing while noting any deficiencies with media
• Troubleshoot and correct reported issues with assets. Escalate to production managers and engineering as necessary
• Stay current with SDI workflows, workflow change management updates and tutorials
• Perform additional tasks as assigned
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years of related technical experience
• Subject to proficiency test related to digital media
• In depth knowledge of audio/video hardware and software relevant to the office without supervision
• In depth knowledge of audio/video formats relevant to the office
• In depth knowledge of ''frame rates'' and their function
• In depth knowledge of ''Aspect ratio's'' and their function
• In depth knowledge of SMPTE time-code and its function
• In depth knowledge of workflows relevant to the office
• Have an aptitude for analytic problem solving
• Demonstrate the ability to focus on details ensuring an error free deliverable
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online