SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This position requires the ability to multitask and work under deadlines, strong organizational skills, and an eye for detail. The Production Associate will work closely with the RDC Production Supervisor, language QCers and Account Representatives to ensure title translations are properly and consistently implemented into subtitle files.
To this end, the candidate should be able to present information in a clear, concise manner and be able to follow up on questions and discussions. They must be able to recognize potential inconsistencies and confusion, and take steps to avoid them. Strong organizational skills are a must.
The Production Associate will also prepare subtitle files for delivery to clients. This requires strong familiarity with GTS subtitling software and knowledge of subtitling protocols, as well as the ability to perform under tight deadlines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Performing any necessary activities in the International Department that do not require language editing (i.e., reformats, offsets, conversions, file prepping, technical quality checks, scheduling, etc.)
• Prepping and reformatting DVD and VOD subtitle files for delivery to client
• Assisting all Production Supervisors and other staff as needed
• Performing other related duties, as assigned
• Adhere to company policies and procedures
• Must work overtime and weekends when needed
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• Possess knowledge of SDI's language and subtitling protocols and file organization system
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
• Proficient with GTS subtitling software
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online