Japanese Subtitle Editor
SDI MediaCulver City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Japanese Subtitle Editor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Japanese Subtitle Editor postings
Full Time Job
SDI Media is looking for local candidates who possess an excellent command of the Japanese language to perform linguistic and technical tasks for Japanese subtitle files. The work largely encompasses subtitle and text translations, proofing and a range of technical tasks for a variety of genres and platforms.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to multitask, work under strict deadlines, and a strong command for the Japanese and English language, written and spoken. All candidates must be available to attend onsite paid training in Culver City.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Excellent command of the Japanese language, as well as slang and colloquial expressions
• Previous post-production work experience is a plus
• Must be detail oriented
• Works well with deadlines and completes work assignments in a timely and accurate manner
• Able to apply client-specific protocols as needed and adhere to all special instructions
• Be proactive and communicate problems/issues/developments
• Fluent in working with computers & possess a high-speed internet connection (In order to download media assets in order to work on subtitle files)
A typical workflow is that you are provided with a pre-existing Japanese subtitle file that needs to be conformed to the provided media. All work is performed in our proprietary and intuitive subtitling software, in which on-site training will be provided.
If you are interested, please submit your resume so we may send you a language proficiency test. We will contact you if your test meets our needs.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY