Director of Business Development
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Business Development is responsible for identifying new customers as well as building relationships with SDI's key clients in the Americas. The role will focus on growing sales and developing new business through prospecting referrals and networking with current clients.
The Director will work closely with the Account Directors and operations teams to ensure client expectations are clear and can be fulfilled. In addition, the Director will have to build an in depth understanding of our business, production and pricing to recognize what business and sales are worth pursuing.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Identify and direct new business development opportunities with new and existing clients, determining strategic direction and tone together with senior management
• Formulate a sales plan to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
• Maintain a sales pipeline and tracking of leads for review with VP of Sales & Account Management.
• Conduct research and market analysis to be able to identify opportunities and/or new clients.
• Manage customer relationships with focus on understanding gaps in servicing and determine opportunities for upselling.
• Develop project budgets and participate in developing RFPs for business opportunities.
• Develop and present proactive ideas to grow the business.
• Collaborate with internal departments to create/revise strategic client proposals.
• Ensure all new business is correctly priced by working with operations and finance to determine profitability and seek approvals in line with company policies.
• Must be willing to travel to conferences, clients meetings as necessary.
• Perform general administration duties as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to work well with peers, make sound decisions, and appropriately respond to difficult situations
• Ability to create bridges and forge partnerships amongst various personalities with competing agendas
• Competency in the execution of large, dynamic, and complex sales negotiations
• Drive and motivation to consistently improve in endeavors by staying ahead of the curve on changes within the media industry and in business
• Ability to effectively manage client expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate needs and requirements between numerous parties, and relay information responsively back to client
Qualifications and Experience
• A highly developed understanding of optimal customer service and an in-depth knowledge of media production and delivery process preferred.
• Comfort with hearing objections and knowing how to properly counter them using data and knowledge so as to suggest a solution.
• 5+ years of sales related experience with a broad knowledge of the media industry.
• Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal departmental relationships.
• Proven ability to negotiate large scale sales with senior level executives.
• Excellent financial acumen.
• Advanced degree or 5+years of comparable experience in a client and/or customer driven position.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online