SAGindieLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Content Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Content Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
What is SAGindie?
SAGindie is an outreach program that educates film producers on how to use SAG-AFTRA's low budget performer contracts. Through film festivals, trade shows, panels and direct one-on-one communication, SAGindie works with filmmakers to eliminate barriers to hiring professional actors in the independent arena.
What is a Content Coordinator?
The Content Coordinator creates and manages digital, print and social content on behalf of SAGindie. The ideal candidate enjoys film, writing, social networking, education, public speaking and good old-fashioned teamwork.
The Content Coordinator is just as comfortable using Twitter and Facebook on behalf of an organization as they are using it on a personal level. They've done both and can explain the difference.
The Content Coordinator knows how a film production works. They don't necessarily have experience in every position, but they do understand and can explain the steps of bringing an idea to fruition.
The Content Coordinator is passionate about independent cinema. They have favorites in small niches but are aware of all the major players.
The Content Coordinator is a Jack or Jill of several trades.
• Writes, edits and manages content on the SAGindie website.
• Develops new ideas for reaching a target audience that doesn't want to be found.
• Works with designers and web developers on longer-term content projects.
• Uses social media to promote web content and communicate with audience.
• Develops digital rapport with general audience and sponsored partners.
• Educates during contract workshops and speaks at schools or on panels.
• Supports the production and execution of special events.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Thorough understanding of the craft of filmmaking.
• 2+ years experience working in digital content management.
• Valid drivers license.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Experience with Wordpress and other content management systems.
• Excellent language skills, including writing, editing and proofreading.
• Basic photo editing skills (i.e. Photoshop).
• Visual design sensibility and basic understanding of usability principles.
• Computer skills. Proficient in Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
• Public speaking skills. Ability to speak and educate in front of large groups.
• Ability to lift moderately sized boxes and equipment.
• General understanding of computers, printers, fax machines and other office electronics.
• Ability to work efficiently with limited direct supervision.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Experience developing and implementing social networking campaign strategies.
• Experience on a film set or in production management.
• Experience in teaching, education, or outreach.
• Knowledge of production paperwork (budgets, schedules, union contracts).
• Avid blogger and social media expert.
• Ability to edit audio and video.
• Basic understanding of HTML.