Contact Center Representative
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Contact Center Representative will provide excellent member service through responding to telephone calls, emails, web chat and other interaction channels. This position acts as the most common touch point for SAG-AFTRA and is expected to have broad knowledge of the processes, policies and operations of the entire organization. Cashiering, Contracts, Membership, and Residuals Processing are key subject areas. First level contract assessment and support; advocate for members working under a SAG-AFTRA collective bargaining agreement by answering questions for members, producers, studio executives, labor attorneys, casting agents and other industry professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty or function performed)
• Provides producers, members, and their representatives with information regarding SAG-AFTRA Agreements.
• Answers inquiries and investigates and routes potential claims to appropriate areas.
• Performs problem solving and trouble shooting in the following areas:
• Cashiering functions including: billing inquiries, accepting payments, payment disputes.
• Membership functions including: station 12/cast clearance, eligibility status, new member inquiries, Taft Hartley inquiries.
• Residuals processing functions including: Residuals payment status, lost/missing payments, filing for potential claims.
• Effectively multi tasks: handling e-mail, web chat and phone inquiries simultaneously.
• Performs various special projects, research and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to interact with diplomacy with both external and internal customers.
• Able to sign into a queue and handle phone calls for the entire workday.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written form; able to write clearly and succinctly.
• Excellent listening, problem analysis and problem solving skills.
• Must possess a high stress tolerance and resilience; must work well under pressure.
• Passion for customer service; must enjoy interacting with people and maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• Independent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and PC applications.
• Able to adhere and maintain productivity and quality standards.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• 2 years of customer service experience (including heavy contact with the public) required; 3 years strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree is a plus, but not required.
• Entertainment industry experience preferred, but not required.
• Familiarity with Oracle systems is a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Word and Excel (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing Test – 35 WPM
• Customer Service test modules: Customer Service Writing Sample, Customer Service Survey and Call Center Listening Skills test – passing score: 76%