SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Theatrical Contracts)
POSITION PURPOSE: Business Representative will sign producers to the various collective bargaining agreements. Provide contract information to producers, members and member's representatives, enforce contracts, research, and file claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Signs producers to the SAG-AFTRA collective bargaining agreements and various low-budget agreements.
• Provides producers, members and their representatives with information regarding SAG-AFTRA a.greements.
• Investigates and files claims for non-compliance of contract and sees through to resolution.
• Participates with the Legal department in arbitration preparation and by giving testimony during proceedings.
• Performs payroll audits when required.
• Represents SAG-AFTRA through participation in workshops, seminars, film festivals, panel discussions and other speaking engagements in the industry, and with specialized performer groups and committees.
• Participates in meetings with producers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex contract issues.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with diplomacy.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Must be able to assemble and use information of a confidential nature.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to accurately type 35 WPM.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Able to prioritize tasks and follow up on outstanding items to their conclusion.
• Must be self-motivated, and able to multi-task and work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Labor Relations or related discipline and 5 to 7 years' applicable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Legal knowledge/experience preferred due to the complexity of chain-of-title and financial assurances issues involved in the signatory process.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: