SAG-AFTRA FoundationLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Executive Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Reports to: Executive Director
As a thriving, mission driven entertainment non-profit organization, we produce educational programs for the performing arts community across the nation. The members we serve value creativity and social responsibility. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from communications and digital media to event production and fundraising. Every day, our employees and the community we serve touch the lives of millions worldwide.
Provides administrative support to the Executive Director. This role requires in-depth knowledge of non-profit business operations, development and event production. The incumbent must be extremely polished and have the ability to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature. A love of the performing arts would be very helpful.
- Senior level interaction of a complex and sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Serves as the internal and external person representing the Executive Director, to include but not limited to phone and email communication.
- Independently researches matters for assigned projects; ensures implementation of project plans as outlined, adapting plans as necessary.
- Coordinates information sharing and communication of project status within project team and across the organization. Prepares or coordinates presentation materials for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Serves as liaison to the Board of Directors. Schedule Board meetings, compile Board book and take minutes.
- Oversees coordination of annual and special events.
- Serves as departmental budget administrator, managing all contracts, budgets, check request and procurement duties.
- Maintains calendar of daily activities for the Executive Director.
- Ensures that the Executive Director is on time and prepared for all meetings, including coordinating briefing packages, as required.
- Provides administrative support to department directors, as authorized by the Executive Director.
- Provides project outlines to staff members, as authorized by the Executive Director.
- Performs department coordination duties that are highly confidential in nature, related but not limited to travel and meeting scheduling, and review of documents that require the Executive Director's signature.
- Operates email, Outlook calendar, maintains information systems and databases, and performs other semi-automated administrative support tasks within the organization.
- Ensures the Executive Director's phones are covered consistently throughout the day and is capable of responding to inquiries in a high level manner or determining the importance of interrupting the Executive Director for a personal response.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, such as but not limited to composing correspondence, travel scheduling, producing/analyzing reports, coordinating/assisting with meetings, conferences and presentations, conducting special projects, answering/screening calls and emails.
- Requires proactive, forward thinking when booking travel/meetings and keeping a daily/weekly/monthly schedule.
Education-Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 7 years or more of proven directly related experience
- Must have an extreme attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and be highly organized
- Must have excellent follow-through skills
- Must have very thorough research aptitude and the ability to work nimbly
- Must have a thick skin
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Excellent judgement and sharp business decision competence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Takes pride in their work and appearance