Production Technical Assistant
Rovio Animation CompanySherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
ROVIO Animation Company
Job Title: Production Technical Assistant
Department: Feature Animation Production Management
Direct: Feature Animation Technical Director
Indirect: Line Producer/APM
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Classification: Full Time
Date: October 2016
The Production Technical Assistant (PTA) is responsible for supporting Production Management and Artists in the areas of data/asset management and content delivery.
This position will be charged with ensuring proper organization/ingest of materials into our asset database, wrangling files/assets upon demand for external or internal sources, creating playlists, generating watermarked materials, and other support tasks as needed.
This position serves as the front-line production support. Pipeline and related issues should be initially handled by this position as they arise; if needed, this position can escalate to other parties as needed.
Beyond the above core needs, this position may also be tasked with writing and/or testing scripts or pipeline tools, depending on their scripting experience/skill level and available bandwidth.
Front-line Production Support
• Handle and solve/delegate production issues as they arise. This position is the ''fire fighter'' of the production.
• Train new users on pipeline and production systems. Ensure compliance with standards.
• Support and enforce pipeline requirements, standards, and conventions such as naming conventions.
• Act as a go-to for questions.
• Assist artists as needed.
• Monitor and ensure proper organization of internal published asset data from Art, Editorial, Story, and other pre-production departments.
• Ensure proper ingest of materials from vendors or other external clients.
• Ensure proper disk utilization and regular cleanup of working data.
• Create playlists of published data as needed for presentations/reviews.
• Create watermarked materials as needed.
• General support to ensure a smooth flow of data through the pipeline.
• Assess, identify data for, and perform file deliveries as needed for a wide range of materials. Determine best method of delivery based on standards and requirements.
• Wrangle asset data or general show materials for adjunct/collateral (i.e., marketing) projects beyond the feature production.
• Assist our development team with new pipeline tools and workflows.
• Test new tools/workflows before they go into production.
• Test and debug functions from both systems/IT and pipeline.
• General Production support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree
• Proficient in OSX, Linux, and Windows
• Proficient in command-line operations
• Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
• Excellent verbal, writing, organizational skills
• Autodesk Maya experience
• Experience in any major scripting language, especially Python
• Systems Admin experience
• Shotgun Software experience
This position requires flexible working hours and an ability to flex and/or extend work effort on very short notice. The candidate must be able to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment with strict deadlines.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this role. Rovio Animation Company Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Target Salary Range is $20-$25 Hr, depending on experience, with benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online