Senior Photo Editor, Runners World & Bicycling
RodaleNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Runner’s World & Bicycling magazines are seeking an inspired, dynamic and organized photo editor with at least 5 years of experience to join our team in Emmaus, PA, or New York, NY.
The photo editor will be assigning and producing features and front of book departments:
• Conceptualizing photo treatments with Director of Photography, Creative Director, designers, and editors to illustrate stories in the FOB.
• Researching, pitching, and assigning photographers for the FOB and special sections. This requires knowledge of all areas of photography including conceptual, still life, portrait, action, fashion and reportage.
• Overseeing all aspects of shoot production: casting and hiring talent, hiring and managing stylists and prop designers, securing locations and permits, orchestrating shoot logistics, selecting wardrobe, scouting, generating estimates and staying on budget.
• Attending key shoots to ensure the magazine’s vision is carried out
• Researching photography for FOB and features
• Obsession with conceptual photography is a must
Ideal candidate will possess:
• BA Photography
• 5( ) years photo editing experience in a corporate setting including outside talent contracting, basic negotiations with photographers, stock houses, authors, model agencies, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Must demonstrate expert knowledge of commercial photography industry and publishing. Working knowledge of basic digital print production also required. Strong demonstrated sense of design in all applications of the photographic image, including non-print.
• Obsession with conceptual photography and enthusiasm for bring new ideas
• Detail oriented and well organized with a commitment to high quality work
• Resourceful, detail-oriented, and an energetic team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects across platforms & meet deadlines