Graphic Designer, Prevention
Full Time Job
Rodale is currently seeking a collaborative, resourceful Graphic Designer to join Prevention magazine’s award-winning art team. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Art Director to design sections and features as well as create digital graphics across our site and social platforms.
• Collaborate with editors and the photo department, contributing ideas, concepts and draft layouts to visually represent stories and information
• Design assets for our site, social networks, and other departments as needed
• Ensure all assets meet brand guidelines
• Assist in assigning illustrations
• Assist in production on photo shoots
• Photo editing and photo research
• Participate in editorial and art meetings to generate fresh ideas
• Update the art wall with current layouts and assigning out layouts from templates for each issue
• Work with the Creative Director to assist with travel, expenses, scheduling shoots and appointments
• Assist the design staff in other departmental duties
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, art, or other related field and at least 1 year in a content environment. Internships at magazine brands or websites may count.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
• Strong design and typography skills
• An understanding of and respect for the Prevention brand, which targets 40 women interested in health and wellness
• Drawing/illustration ability a plus
• Familiarity with video editing software a plus
• Must be a self-starter who can multi-task and is detail-oriented
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills a must
Please submit a link to your portfolio in your application.