Roadtrip Productions, LTDCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
We're on a mission to create a world where people love their work-and we're doing it in jeans.
(Sometimes sweatpants when we work from home!)
Help us make life-changing products and show us up in the office Ping-Pong rankings.
Roadtrip Nation seeks a Talent Producer to join a cross-disciplinary team that thrives on impact, collaboration, and drinking ridiculous amounts of fancy coffee.
Roadtrip Nation is looking for a dynamic, creative and tenacious booking professional who has proven expertise in securing high profile talent for TV broadcast -- from conversations with Hollywood legends to World Leaders; Media Moguls to Music Industry icons and beyond.
You will work in close association with the Roadtrip Nation production and partner teams to identify and build relationships with varied industry leaders to achieve Roadtrip Nation's objectives thereby generating quality leaders, SYR profiles, speakers, connections, etc.
• Prepare background research on possible interview candidates for Roadtrip participants and program producers.
• Conduct pre-interviews over the phone, and set-up schedule for on camera interviews and b-roll shoots.
• Booking guests for a variety Roadtrip Nation multi-platform productions.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with agencies and publicists to ensure desired guests can be booked when needed.
• Work with digital and broadcast program producers to develop segment ideas.
• Maintain a master booking calendar and a master booking database.
• Must be able to work creatively and independently, and can think beyond the conventional to achieve the memorable.
• Working knowledge of the abilities and background of potential guests to be able to provide production teams with information needed to help develop story arc for filming.
• Assist in the curation of Share Your Road Profiles including but not limited to: prospect leaders in themed communities, develop and foster relationships with SYR leaders, interview leaders to share insightful stories, augment existing profiles to make more robust, redirect profiles to appropriate thematic hub, conduct phone interviews with leaders as needed.
• Requires 2-4 years of experience booking daily guests for cross-platform news, radio or television, or digital media.
• Demonstrated familiarity and proficiency working with public relations and talent agencies.
• Research skills are essential to this position as is the ability to articulate the editorial focus of each guest interview.
• Willingness to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, and be ''on-call'' during ''off-hours.''
• Proven ability to work independently under tight deadlines with challenging personalities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
About Roadtrip Nation
70% of Americans are unhappy with their work, and Roadtrip Nation has charged itself with finding a solution. You could call us a career exploration organization, but we do things a little differently. We don't just tell people what they should do; we help them find what they love to do-and we do it through travel and storytelling. (Hence those green RVs you see splashed on our website that maaaaybe made you think we sell recreational vehicles.)
From our TV show that reaches 70 million households annually, to our educational tools that've helped 8 million students learn more about themselves and the world, we create products that empower people to get more out of work than just a paycheck. On a typical day, you can find us mid-brainstorm scrawling (sometimes incoherent) ideas on white boards, or huddling around a Photoshop file oohing and ahhing. Of course, there's always time for fun. From hitting the beach at lunch to emailing each other important info in the form of memes, we know play isn't just a distraction-it's an imperative.
If you think you'd fit in well with us, we'd love to meet you!
(And play lots of Ping-Pong.)
Roadtrip Nation creates innovative career exploration products designed to help individuals build livelihoods doing what they love. Located a short walk from the beach, our office is made up of collaborative risk-takers who are dedicated to reimagining education, making life-changing products, and finding the perfect snacks for meetings
**Please include a cover letter ** Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online