Intern - Music Marketing & Sales
Relix Media GroupNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Music Marketing & Sales jobs in New York-NY
Search all Intern - Music Marketing & Sales postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Relix Magazine is currently seeking an intern with the desire to learn the ins and outs of the music industry to work in its New York offices this fall semester. Relix Media Group's internship program is unpaid (college credit available), but offers students or recent grads the chance to learn about and create marketing strategies through valuable hands on experience in a fast-paced and exciting office. The internship also includes campaigns outside the office at some of the top concerts and music festivals in New York and surrounding areas. We are looking for reliable, driven music fans who have a desire to work hard and take initiative on tasks/projects as well collaborate with others. If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter!
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing the unique website views and media presence of Relix Magazine, Relix.com, Jambands.com, Relix Marketplace, Relix Papers and special Relix event series.
- Executing larger and smaller projects. Looking for someone who is hungry and willing to contribute to assigned projects in any capacity.
- Research and develop new media lists, and maintain / update existing media lists. Must have the ability to creatively scour different mediums (i.e. via internet, alternate publications, etc...)
- Execute promotion of Relix articles and events to bands, labels, management companies, venues, partnerships, etc.
- Assist in the writing and editing process of articles, social content, and other important materials
- Evaluate and compile new audience media reach opportunities
- Reach out to media through email, phone, and in person in both a proactive and reactive fashion
-2-3 days per week in the office required
- Flexible night/weekend commitments at concerts and festivals
-Passion for music and is in the process of getting a degree in the music industry (actively pursuing a career in the music industry).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work under deadlines
- Organized, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
-Prior knowledge of bands, brands, and events a plus!