Full Time Job
Reed Exhibitions is the global leader in trade (B2B) and consumer (B2C) events and exhibitions, spanning a wide range of industries. We deliver 35 events a year across a diverse group of portfolios.
ReedPOP is the pop culture division of Reed Exhibitions. ReedPOP creates unique celebrations of pop culture events that deliver experiences and capture the imaginations of passionate people everywhere to spread the currency of cool around the globe.
In Australia ReedPOP produce, PAX Aus and Oz Comic-Con events and is expanding with a new passionate event in the consumer space.
We individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the ability to juggle multiple projects, tight deadlines, and demanding priorities, and the willingness to ask for help when you're in over your head. While most of ReedPOP's events cater to diverse niches of fandom, being a fan of Batman, Star Wars, Captain America, Indiana Jones, and Doctor Who is not a requirement for the role; however, a respect for our customers is.
We are seeking an Account Manager who has a flair for brand activations, who lives and breathes fun and play and who can work with major brands in the toy/gaming area.
You will be responsible for:
• Building and maintaining key customer relationships involving, phone sales, face to face time and networking
• Assisting clients in finding real time solutions that add value to their businesses
• Support the development and cross promotion for ReedPOP's global portfolio of events by identifying other revenue streams
• Championing brand activation ideas with your clients, helping them find out of the box solutions to interact and engage audiences that are fun and exciting
• Attracting, maintaining and growing a client list, developing new business partners and sales tracking administration. As the majority of this position's customers will be new it will require lots of cold-calling to start with and call volume requirements are steep and real
To be successful in the role you will have:
• A keen eye for detail
• An overriding focus on the customer and possess strong negotiating skills
• A passion for toys, play and gaming
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Flexibility adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events in a fast paced environment
• The ability to communicate and work well in a team environment as well as on an individual basis
• The ability to prioritise tasks and balance the immediate and long term needs
Our focus is on the fans first and creating events that keep our fans coming back for more, event after event, year after year. We accomplish that by keeping our focus on fans at all times, innovating endlessly and keeping our culture creative, fun, supportive, and open without exception.
Careers in ReedPOP are built on passion and the unwavering desire to make all the things we do BETTER. This isn't just about the status quo, meeting deadlines, or hitting budgets – you need to do that too – but this is absolutely about delivering the best for our fans.
The position reports into ReedPOP in Sydney, a quirky offshoot of Reed Exhibitions Australia.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this role.