Business Development Lead - eSports
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
This role is focused on the future and you will be a key driver of our eSports initiatives as well as new business ideas that will help take our brands to the next level. You will lead the development and execution of our esports initiatives and be responsible for delivering positive business outcomes for our B2C customers (exhibitors and visitors) while also driving revenue and profit growth for ReedPOP. You will be focused on celebrating the culture of gaming and making sure that all of our eSports initiatives resonate and generate excitement within the gaming community. What could be cooler than that?
Our preferred candidate will have credibility and experience within the eSports industry and a proven track record of customer focused leadership in live environments, whether that is in online or physical spaces. We want someone that has successfully built new business segments or created new initiatives within the eSports space. You should have experience building strategic alliances and business communities in the industry and be able to sell the vision for what we are creating. Since you're balancing the needs of both fans and the exhibitor community, your ability to build strong relationships is critical. You should be creative with a solution based mindset and have some experience with reviewing, recommending and implementing new innovations while also being comfortable running the day to day operations of an eSports platform. A high level of emotional intelligence and organizational awareness will be critical to the success of this role as you will need to collaborate and leverage the expertise of colleagues across the company on new innovative and strategic initiatives. You should have a data focused mentality and the ability to parse through customer research insights to develop new services, brand extensions and product solutions that are based on our customer's needs.
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Plan, execute, grow and deliver the best possible experiences for the gaming community while balancing the financial needs of the business
• Handle all daily operations tied to our eSports activations including production, tournaments, branding, sponsorships and vendors
• Manage the full P&L for our eSports business including tracking, forecasting and internal reporting to senior leadership
• Develop a vision and plan for our eSports brand and make sure that vision carries through the full online and onsite experience
• Act as a collaborative entrepreneur to see new possibilities by taking in information and leveraging insights to develop and maintain an understanding of our customers' needs and objectives through strong business relationships
• Direct sales and marketing strategies and execution to properly define and deliver world class experiences for our fans while also delivering a combination of higher revenue and profits
• Manage the sourcing and delivery of high quality gaming related content for publication and broadcast
• Deliver superior customer solutions by identifying customer needs and problems that need to be solved and leveraging those solutions to transform business needs
• Create a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with domestic and international marketing, sales, operations and talent/content teams
• Ensure all messaging and imagery represent our eSports brand in a positive and authentic light to both internal and external audiences
• Participate actively in the industry, developing and maintaining relationships, working with advisory boards, cultivating a network of industry experts and leaders, and adding to ReedPOP's knowledge of industry trends, climate, players and issues.
• College degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
• Five or more years of experience in the gaming industry (preferred) and/or related field
• Highly developed gaming industry insights and relationships
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• High awareness of the culture and community around consumer game audiences
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We are looking for an individual who is a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing upon them.
• We want a social and empathetic leader that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, and innovation skills.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble leader that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• Professional level knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• A true passion for video games, pop culture and our fans
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year (some global travel may be needed)
• This role will function across our entire portfolio of events