Global Entertainment Coordinator
RWS & AssociatesLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS & Associates is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom design as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS & Associates was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Making Entertainment Matter.
Who we're looking for…
RWS & Associates is currently seeking a full-time Global Entertainment Coordinator
About the role…
Reporting to the Vice Presidents of Global Entertainment, the Global Entertainment Coordinator will provide departmental support for a team of RWS & Associates Executives, Production Directors & Performance Directors.
• Maintain departmental calendar, staff documentation and daily schedules.
• Resolve operational issues through coordination with Production Directors, Performance Directors, contractors, clients and onboard crew.
• Coordinate materials and notes for production development and departmental meetings.
• Acts as day-to-day lead for onboarding of Casts.
• Collect HR materials from performers for onboarding. Track progress and highlight any concerns to ensure all information has been properly secured and processed.
• Assist in performer appointment scheduling in order for medical certificates to be obtained.
• Arrange, organize and distribute rehearsal, embarkation and disembarkation travel for performers, contractors and RWS staff.
• Coordinate the completion of performer online training courses and Marlins tests.
• Prepare and issue rehearsal and Life At Sea materials to performers
• Assist in adjusting rehearsal schedules and install plans with Production Directors.
• Update cruise line training handbooks and materials.
• Facilitate locating, negotiating, contracting and enforcing policies/procedures for performer housing.
• Work with RWS Casting Department on placement of cast members in performer rehearsal housing.
• Oversee weekly performer housing inspection.
• Provide, as needed, land support to Production Directors during cruise line cast change-overs at sea.
• Hire, train and oversee task management for Cruise Line Interns
• Research and book travel for VP of Global Entertainment.
• Submit invoices, expense reports and reimbursements for staff travel.
• Maintain department's archival media and files.
• Provide assistance in ship-outs and deliveries, as needed.
• Provide assistance in administrative tasks across the Global Entertainment Division.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
• Have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in entertainment operations, management or logistics
• Experience with live show entertainment (Cruise Ship Production experience preferred, but not mandatory)
• Logistically and creative minded
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications
• Experience with governmental visa procedures a plus
• The ideal candidate will be outgoing, great with people and show outstanding attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• A flexible schedule allowing for travel as needed
The deal… • Full time position. Paid hourly. • Immediate based on availability of candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to careers@ rwsandassociates.com by October 24, 2016. Please include: RWS Global Entertainment Coordinator in the email subject line. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online