Cruise Ship Wardrobe Stitchers
RWS & AssociatesLong Island City, NY
Part Time Job
RWS & Associates is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS & Associates was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Making Entertainment Matter.
Who we're looking for...
RWS & Associates is currently seeking CRUISE SHIP WARDROBE STITCHERS for upcoming limited time frame contracts throughout 2017.
About the role...
Reporting to the Wardrobe Lead onboard and RWS & Associates' Wardrobe Manager, the ideal candidate for Cruise Ship Wardrobe Stitcher will travel to ships at sea to install new cast members and execute costume fittings, alterations, and maintenance. This role will help maintain the integrity of costume designs onboard the cruise ships we service.
• Fit, alter, and repair costumes as needed for production shows onboard cruise ships.
• Take direction from Wardrobe Lead onboard and exhibit a proactive and positive attitude towards assigned tasks.
• Provide expertise and advise on best practices for quick change needs.
• Update and manage wardrobe bibles and look books.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
• Bachelors degree in Theatre/Costuming or Fashion, or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company wardrobe or costume department
• Ability to meet deadlines within narrow time constraints
• Expertise in fitting and altering garments
• Expertise in hand and machine sewing and finishing with an understanding of theatrical costume and construction techniques and terms
• An exceptional eye for detail, design and style
• A valid passport and ability to travel internationally
• Pattern making, craft skills, mask making, dyeing paint, millinery, wig/hair piece maintenance and show maintenance skills a plus
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT
The deal... • Competitive day rates based upon experience • Contracts typically between 2-3 weeks at a time • 100% of time spent at sea • Positions available with start date of January 1, 2017 and ongoing
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in confidence by NOVEMBER 25, 2016. Please include: CRUISE SHIP WARDROBE STITCHER in the email subject line**. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online