Cruise Ship Wardrobe Leads
RWS & AssociatesLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS & Associates is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS & Associates was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Making Entertainment Matter.
Who we're looking for...
RWS & Associates is currently seeking Wardrobe personnel to serve as CRUISE SHIP WARDROBE LEADS during new cast installs and turn-overs.
About the role...
Reporting to the RWS & Associates Wardrobe Manager, the ideal candidate for Cruise Ship Wardrobe Lead will assist in the preparation of performer supplies in the RWS & Associates office and travel to ships at sea to install new cast members and execute costume fittings, alterations, and maintenance. This role will maintain the integrity of costume designs onboard the cruise ships we service.
- Confident leadership and training of onboard stitchers.
- Prior to onboard duties, prepare wardrobe materials needed onboard (road kit supplies, onboard supplies, performer supplies) at RWS home office in NYC. Please note: some positions will not require office work in NYC.
- Fit, alter and repair costumes as needed for production shows onboard cruise ships.
- Provide expertise and advise on best practices for quick change needs.
- Attend onboard production meetings and collaborate with the RWS install team (scenic, sound, lighting, video, etc.) as needed.
- Assist in costume packing, shipping logistics, and creation of shipping manifests.
- Update and manage wardrobe bibles and look books.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
- Bachelors degree in Theatre/Costuming or Fashion, or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company wardrobe or costume department
- Ability to meet deadlines within narrow time constraints
- Expertise in fitting and altering garments
- Expertise in hand and machine sewing and finishing with an understanding of theatrical costume and construction techniques and terms
- Pattern making, craft skills, mask making, dyeing paint, millinery, wig/hair piece maintenance and show maintenance skills a plus
- Experience in recording and archiving wardrobe data required for future replication.
- An exceptional eye for detail, design, and style
- A valid passport and ability to travel internationally
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT
The deal... - Competitive day rates based upon experience. Full time position paid hourly. 25% land based at RWS & Associates office in NYC and 75% time spent at sea. - Additional opportunities for lead positions that do not require office work in NYC, would consist of 100% time at sea. - Immediate positions available.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in confidence by NOVEMBER 28, 2016. Please include: CRUISE SHIP WARDROBE LEADS in the email subject line. Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online