Paid Intern - Props Department
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Props Department Intern to serve as design, construction, clerical, and financial assistant to the Scenic and Props Department within the company.
About the role…
Reporting to the Scenic and Prop Design Manager, the Props Intern will assist in facilitating props logistics for theme park, cruise line and corporate event accounts. The Props Intern will help to organize show installs and be a vital asset to the production.
• Source, shop, purchase and return props and supplies as needed.
• Organize production prep and install.
• Photograph, edit and update props inventory and props care packages.
• Update and manage expense reports.
• Label props and accessories.
• Organize inventory of Props stock.
• Willingness to learn theatrical Props skills: basic painting, basic construction, basic Photoshop.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
• Experience or interest in the theatre or entertainment industry
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft and Mac software such as Numbers, Pages, and Excel
• Motivated, loyal, passion, integrity, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Great energy and positivity is a MUST
The deal… • Work 3 to 5 full business days per week • Office hours are 10am-5pm • Stipend and MetroCard or college credit • Starting on or about Sept 5, 2017 and ending on or about Dec 1, 2017
Job Code: PROPS INTERN
Please submit your cover letter, resume to by Friday August 25th . Please include: PROPS INTERN in the email subject line. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online