Venue Operations Director
REACT PresentsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
About you: A lover of music and live entertainment. An innovative forward thinker who is resourceful, motivated, and passionately committed to their trade. A driven self-starter with top notch organizational and detail oriented skill set who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. At React Presents, our team possesses these qualities, so if you do too - then please read on!
About the Role:
React Presents is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and ambitious Club and Venue Operations Director who is committed to providing support to the Talent team and business leaders within the company. Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of business and legal practices and procedures while also able to manage multiple projects and follow a strict adherence to the milestones and deadlines of our calendar. You will be responsible for handling business and confidential situations in a discrete and mature manner.
Some things you will be responsible for:
• Oversees all operations of three venues including staff management, overseeing procedures
and troubleshooting problems
• Direct supervisor of the venue General Managers
• Maintains strict and consistent quality control across all three venues
• Monitors day-to-day operations of the venues within the policies and guidelines set forth
by the company
• Contributes to formulating and implementing strategies to help drive sales and profitability to meet financial projections
• Involved in staff hiring process
• Ensures all staff are properly trained to effectively carry out their job functions
• Oversees staff scheduling & payroll
• Monitors responses to customer issues to provide the highest standards of service.
• Promotes and maintains a professional and safe work and guest environment in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have: You should have a minimum of 2 - 4 years as Club/Venue Operations Director;
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically including: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excitement for the opportunity to learn about the business and legal side of the music industry
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and function well under pressure and tight delivery timeframes
• Ability to function in a team environment
• Requires a high degree of tact, initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
• A polished individual who likes a challenge and can contribute their talents to our team environment
• Professional demeanor, appearance, and positive can-do attitude
• Competitive pay • 401K • Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage • Employee Perks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
React Presents and LiveStyle strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
React Presents and LiveStyles' recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. React Presents and LiveStyle may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
About Us: Founded in 2008, React Presents, a LiveStyle Company, is a full-service club, concert, and festival promotion company based in Chicago, IL. React Presents produces events at and in Chicago, and books select events in venues across the Midwest, with offices in Detroit and Milwaukee. React Presents produces six festivals: Spring Awakening Music Festival, Mamby on the Beach, Summer Set Music and Camping Festival, North Coast Music Festival, Freaky Deaky and Reaction NYE.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online