Prometheus Global MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a programmer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code that they are proud of, and is interested in having a significant impact on many different high-traffic projects. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
This is a full time role based in either Los Angeles or New York.
• Translate finished comps into responsive, modern, pixel-perfect sites running fast, reliable code.
• Explore technical development of manageable microsite applications, such as static site generators.
• Contribute to our core front- and back-end content management systems.
• Experience producing modern, responsive CSS and HTML, bonus for SASS experience.
• Know enough Photoshop to slice PSDs into design elements with great attention to detail.
• Familiarity with PHP-based Content Management Systems such as Wordpress or Drupal.
• Demonstrated history of proactive, creative problem solving in a deadline-driven environment.
• Knowledgeable about general software engineering practices and principles as they apply to web projects, including Git, code review, testing, and refactoring.
The Hollywood Reporter is the definitive interpretive voice of the entertainment industry. Informing, engaging and empowering content is delivered across a multimedia platform that includes: a weekly magazine, bi-monthly special reports, quarterly glossies, a Website, newsletters, mobile apps and events. The Hollywood Reporter is read by the most powerful people in the entertainment industry and the most influential consumers who follow it – those who shape desire, set trends and ultimately drive culture – providing an unmatched level of access and influence.
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine, Billboard.biz, Billboard Conferences, Billboard Bulletin, and other targeted newsletters, and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms.