Prometheus Global MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard are premier media properties covering the entertainment and music industries via leading digital destinations, print publications, and original video programming. We are looking for an experienced video editor based in New York who will be a key member of a growing production team.
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about music, moving images and cutting web video in a fast-paced digital newsroom. He/she will edit a wide range of content including: scripted web shows, behind-the-scenes features, roundtables, performances, festival packages, branded documentaries, and marketing sizzles. The editor should be flexible, organized, self directed and take ownership of all post stages of a project.
This is a full-time position located at our Midtown Manhattan office reporting to the Head of Production.
• Edit short and medium format content to broadcast quality standards.
• Work collaboratively within a small team environment and with freelance videographers.
• Stay up to date on technical developments and apply new skills to work practices to help improve work-flow and quality.
• Help bring creative video concepts to life in a way that's relevant to the brand's growing audience.
• Be supremely organized and proactive at every stage of a project - from footage transfers to sound mixing to distribution.
• Embrace and exploit emerging video platforms and formats (Live streaming, Animation, VR, Social Video, etc.).
• Travel is required in this position. Must be comfortable editing on-site and in the field at multiple annual events around the U.S.
• Communicate clearly across departments and with managers about project schedules, approvals, assets, deliverables and publishing strategy.
• 3 Years of professional editing experience (interview based content or reality is a plus)
• A bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or similar
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
• Proficient in Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs
• Proven success working with creative teams, directors and clients
• A firm grasp of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file based workflows
• Adept online editor: color correction, sound design, music supervision and post-production sound mixing
• Keen eye for detail in sound, pacing and story of edits
• The ability to juggling multiple projects and deadlines
• Experience working from a server with other editors a plus
• Motion graphics and Animation skills a plus
• Some hands-on knowledge of video camera operation, lighting and sound recording a plus
All applications must include a link to an online editing reel demonstrating a wide breadth of professional, non-fiction editorial experience.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. Prometheus Global Media offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. PLEASE provide salary history and expectations.
Prometheus Global Media is an equal opportunity employer.