Prometheus Global MediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2016 8:48:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Correspondent jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Correspondent postings
Full Time Job
Billboard is seeking a Senior Correspondent specializing in tech, digital music and finance to provide daily and feature-level coverage for print and online. This reporter must have a broad understanding of, and strong contacts in, the digital music space, from Spotify and Apple Music to Pandora, and be able to report on industry trends, earnings calls, provide analysis and conduct strong interviews with executives, as well as experts reporting on trends. Contacts and strong reporting skills are essential.
The correspondent's work will take multiple formats, from online breaking news stories to comprehensive summaries and visually-driven presentations of data.
Candidates should have at least five years experience as an editor and/or correspondent, online or print, and closely follow the rapidly evolving industry that distributes music and the ways in which it is discovered, consumed and shared. The editor will need to aggressively surface the people, news and trends defining music and work with a wide variety of writers and reporters, shaping stories from pitch through to publication and promotion.
The successful candidate will own the tech beat at Billboard and Billboard.com.
• Generate ideas for reported stories, editorial packages, profiles and interviews targeted at music fans as well as industry insiders
• Work closely with freelancers and staff writers, cultivating pitches, steering reporting and editing copy
• Lead the print and online packaging of your stories, from display copy and sidebars to video and multimedia
• Help track feature-well workflow and coordinate with photo, design and other departments
• Lead long-term planning of major editorial packages
• At least five years experience writing print and/or online features, including reported news pieces
• Close familiarity with print magazine presentation and formatting
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple stories in various stages of completion
• Comfort working independently as well as in close collaboration with editors, staffers and freelancers
• Well versed in the fundamentals of reporting, from LexisNexis research to legal-team vetting
• Extensive knowledge of - and enthusiasm for - popular music, the music industry and/or the entertainment industry
• Established relationships within the digital music and tech space; experience in business coverage a plus.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, to make weekly print deadlines and also react to breaking news