Senior Copy Editor
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2016 8:48:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Copy Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Copy Editor postings
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter seeks a sharp, eagle-eyed Copy Editor who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment to join its Copy desk.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Copyedit and proofread all editorial content for weekly, with some fact-checking as needed
• Work with editors and reporters to resolve queries on proofs
• Compile and make changes to articles in Adobe InCopy
• Assist copy desk in trafficking and processing articles to meet print deadlines
• Manage copy desk when Copy Chief and Deputy Copy Chief are out of the office
• Copyedit online content when time allows
• Minimum 2 years of copyediting experience at a news/business publication, preferably a weekly
• Command of AP style
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign/InCopy
• Experience with online CMS such as Drupal, WordPress
• Ability to work quickly and well under tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of entertainment industry, Los Angeles and pop culture a plus
• Ability to write compelling headlines, decks and other display copy a plus
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.