Associate Photo Editor
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter Magazine - Located in Los Angeles
This is a full-time staff position with benefits and reports to the photo & video director
• Responsible for images for the weekly events section, About Town and assist with all photo research in the magazine.
• Work closely with events editor to make sure all event photo needs are met.
• Attend Hollywood Reporter and some Billboard events and parties, working with photographers and editors on-site.
• Assign photographers to shoot events.
• Keep track of Hollywood Reporter events calendar. Work with marketing team and online photo editors to make sure important event photo coverage is planned.
• Liaise with video department as needed regarding events coverage.
• Manage the Hollywood Reporter photo credential, ensuring that important events and film festivals are covered.
• General photo research using various stock agencies, direct contact with networks, studios, subjects and PR.
• Process layouts: download/gather high-res; enter credits; providing caption information to editors.
• Process invoices related to event shoots and photo research.
Job Requirements: (5-7 years of experience)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under deadline, within budget and multi task.
• Enthusiastic team player.
• Photo research experience.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of photo agencies a must.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Bridge, etc) and Macintosh computers. Knowledge of K4 a plus.