Quality Control Technician Supervisor
Prime Focus Technologies, Inc.New York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Quality Control Technician Supervisor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Quality Control Technician Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
Prime Focus Technologies is searching for an exceptional QC Supervisor to bring leadership, structure, organizational and technical skills to lead and manage our QC team. Additionally, individual will be performing 100% technical review of master film, video and audio elements. Candidate must be able to do an extensive and detailed assessment of all forms of SD, HD and UHD recorded media and have the ability to take measurements to identify any and all impairments, anomalies and artifacts. Must also be computer literate. Experience with FileMaker Pro and Pro Tools a major plus.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of our QC Technicians
• Must be client facing and be able to explain in depth QC related issues
• Must be familiar with UHD specs
• Develop, maintain and enforce procedures and records for video/audio QC and media systems (using 1st and 3rd Party Tools)
• Train Staff in QC
• Perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, and closed captioning.
• Perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Perform file & tape QCs using various playback programs.
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material
We believe your accomplishments are much more important than your resume. If you're excited about this role please include a half-page write up of how you can help our company and why you feel you are the best candidate for the role. We will read the half-page write-up first so please keep this in mind when submitting. It is also important to include with your resume to share your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
• High school or equivalent
• Experience with FileMaker Pro and Pro Tools: 3 years
• Experience with International Broadcast Specifications for major networks/studios
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift and/or move objects. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger and grasp, using repetitive motions; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and feel. This job requires the employee to have close visual acuity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.