Post Haste DigitalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Haste Digital is a leading independent post production facility in West Los Angeles that offers a complete compliment of post production services to major studios and independent clients alike. The Operations Specialist manages the ecosystems of Post Production Workflows, Post Production Scheduling, Media Management, and Studio Operations. This position oversees the scheduling of editors, mixers, data management team, and daily hire operators, and manages content workflows from inception to archive.
The Operations Specialist reports to the General Manager and is jointly responsible for managing the day-to-day resources of the company with a focus on developing efficient and imaginative workflows, fostering a creative culture, and ensuring collaboration with all teams. Additionally, this department leader will be a key figure in driving new technologies, understanding both the technological component and the business perspective.
• Oversee the operation of technical facilities including hardware, software, and personnel in order to meet creative and operational requirements.
• Manage multiple simultaneous projects differing in scope, timelines and urgency.
• Develop intelligent workflows to improve efficiencies and adhere to client standards.
• Be a source of industry knowledge and expertise in the areas of Content Management, Post Production, file-based workflows, and industry related emerging solutions.
• Manage an extensive team of editors and operators, carrying out the vision of Senior Management at the ground level.
• Maintain focus on the ultimate objective while understanding the granular moving parts and interconnected dependencies.
• Solve problems effectively using both personnel and technological resources; understand when and why to escalate.
• Bachelor's degree in Production, Broadcasting, Engineering or Post Management preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience required in Broadcast or Post Production environments.
• Candidate must be extremely proficient with Post Production tools for both editorial and graphic technology applications, MAM/DAM solutions, media-centric file-based workflows, Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as digital file transfer solutions.
• Showcases strong team building skills with an excellent ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, build consensus, and positively motivate staff and team members. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel is essential.
• Agility in both attitude and approach is paramount in a very fluid production environment.
• Outstanding verbal, written communication, presentation, and documentation skills required, with proficiency for all Google Docs and Microsoft Office applications, and knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems. Experience with Xytech MediaPulse preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to participate in an online pre-qualification here:
Resumes, cover letters, and references should be submitted to email@example.com
Dependent on experience,
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online