Intern - Public Relations And Event Marketing
Platform Media GroupBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern Job Description
Platform Media Group is a public relations and event marketing firm with a focus on film, music, lifestyle, hospitality and events. We are looking for an intern who is ready to learn the ins and outs of the public relations industry and someone that would be a great addition to our team. Desired start date is June 2017 for busy Spring/Summer/Fall.
The internships are great paths to growth: we've hired three interns as full time employees in recent years.
While no two days are the same, typical duties include
*Pitching clients to various media outlets
*Managing social media accounts
*Writing and distributing press releases
*Assisting managers with media outreach
*Working at events around LA
*Managing daily administrative duties
* Manage clippings for clients
• Must be currently enrolled in a college or university program working towards a degree and able to receive course accreditation
• Minimum 2-3 days per week commitment, 14-20 hours, for a 2 to 3 month internship term. Hours and days are flexible.
• Highly organized and proactive
• A willingness to learn about the PR world and to work hard
• Enthusiasm in tackling new tasks and projects
• Quick learner and with an attention to detail
• Strong phone and computer skills and efficient in Microsoft Office
Academic credit is offered. This is an unpaid internship, with a potential for future employment. We're looking for a candidate to start ASAP. Please send your resume and cover letter for consideration.
This is an unpaid internship. School credit only.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online