Senior/Lead Environments Artist
Full Time Job
- Ability to create photo-realistic environments, matte paints and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes.
- Tasks: integrating added imagery into shots, preserving an unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color. Also responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise a whole environment or parts of it.
- Combines painting skills in animation software, with knowledge of photography, practical and digital modeling, and design, to create 2D (and 2.5D) paintings for digital environments.
- Works closely with the VFX Supervisor and Head of Environment to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
- A good eye for detail.
- 3 years of production experience.
- Very good Adobe Photoshop Knowledge.
- Some experience of Nuke is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, good sense of composition and an
understanding of different out-put requirements. Requires knowledge of 2D and 3D
animation, software, and motion.
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, value matching 35 mm photography, flatbed
scanning, and motion.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital
paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or
appropriate layering of elements).
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form
building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online