Full Time Job
Create previs versions of sequences and shots that help support the director's intention via appropriate use of camera lenses & movement, composition, staging, motion blocking and editing.
Previs artists are tasked with producing creative and effective visual solutions to support both the story and technical requirements of films.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Follow Director(s) creative direction in the layout process.
• Adhere to the complexity of the movie.
• Take the vision of the Director(s), and block the existing boards to create a 3D version of the story reel with a unique layout of shots.
• Work with the Director(s) and CG Supervisor on the iterations of each shot/sequence.
• Define and interpret specific instructions from the Director(s) and production.
• Responsible for being knowledgeable about software used on the production, as it relates to the Rough Layout department.
• Adhere to Pipeline protocols for the Layout department, as governed by Production Engineering.
• Remain accountable for assigned shot count management through Layout process.
• Responsible for adhering to the complexity of the movie, within the scope of production.
• Responsible for adhering to the production schedule.
• Responsible for participation in the unification and initiatives for the studio within the RLO department.
• Attend meetings with RLO artists to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
• Communicate in a timely fashion with APM and Production for all inter-department concerns.
• Attend Layout Reviews, Launches and Approvals with Production.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of experience creating cinematic pre-visualizations or rough layout for CG animation.
• A strong interest in Rough Layout, Set Dressing and Stereoscopy.
• Knowledge in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is preferred.
• Exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
• A good working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work.
Learn about life in China:PXO China
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online