Matte Painter Senior
Full Time Job
- Ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. Performs tasks related to integrating added imagery into a shot, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour. Also responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment.
- Combines painting skills in animation software, with knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings for digital environments.
- Works closely with the Supervisor to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
- Must have a strong artistic background and a sharp eye for detail.
- 5 years of production experience.
- Very good Adobe Photoshop Knowledge.
- Some experience of Nuke is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, good sense of composition and an understanding of different output requirements. Requires knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, software, and motion.
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, flatbed scanning, and motion.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour.
To Apply for this Position:
- Include your current resume and rate. Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone and email.
- Priority will be given to US & Canadian applicants.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online