HR Talent Partner
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2016 11:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Talent Partner jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all HR Talent Partner postings
Full Time Job
Talent Partner, (HR Business Partner)
Seeking a well-rounded HR professional with strong relationship-building skills to join Pixar’s Talent Partner team. The Talent Partner acts as a consultant and coach to dedicated client groups on a variety of issues including, employee relations, developing and delivering feedback, talent development, organizational development and employee engagement.
The Talent Partner will be relied upon to provide insight, observations and context to enhance understanding of complex organizational or interpersonal issues. This role will also be relied upon to identify and act on opportunities to improve programs, processes, communication and training to yield greater effectiveness and results.
As a Talent Partner at Pixar, you will:
• Act as a consultant and coach to managers and leaders on talent-related issues including employee development and career progression, performance management and feedback, engagement and morale and employee relations issues
• Provide guidance to leaders in helping them manage and navigate change
• Be a resource, advisor and coach for employees for everything from leaves of absence to career development
• Actively reach out to employees to discuss and understand their experience and to develop strong employee relationships
• Lead and participate in the design, implementation and communication of studio-wide and department-specific talent projects and programs
• Collaborate with others in the Talent Partner team regarding the application, implementation and impact of talent programs
• Use employee data to gain insights and make recommendations regarding employee experience and programs
• Pro-actively partner with Recruiting, Benefits and Wellness and People Operations teams on projects, day-to-day issues and challenges to ensure collaboration and communication across the Talent function
• Partner with Pixar University on the development and facilitation of learning and development courses
This could be the perfect job for you, if:
You are a relationship-builder. You are open and approachable. You possess a sincere interest in people and in understanding what makes them tick. You establish trust easily and with a wide variety of individuals. You have a gift for connecting and relating with others.
You are an excellent listener and communicator. You listen intently. Your communications are direct, thoughtful and clear. You express yourself authentically in person and in writing. People seek your help with their own communication.
You stay curious. You like to gather information. You are observant, you ask questions and you strive to learn and understand. You look beyond the surface and connect the dots. You have insights; you are often able to see things ahead of others.
You are objective. You enjoy thinking things through using different points of view. You are capable of considering a variety of solutions, not just one. You anticipate pros and cons of various approaches. People trust your judgment.
You take ownership. You enjoy keeping balls in the air. You are motivated to keep the momentum going. You shift easily from tactical work to big picture work. You like some element of surprise in your day.
You are resourceful. You are comfortable with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You are motivated to find answers or solutions.
You care about being part of a team. You enjoy engaging with others to spark ideas and creativity. You are comfortable sharing your point of view, and open to changing your mind. You know how to navigate differences of opinion in a way that is supportive and considerate of your team. You believe in the power of “we”.
To determine if you’re qualified, you would need to possess the following
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, 3 in a HR business partner capacity
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly and establish productive, trust-based and effective relationships with a wide variety of individuals across diverse client groups
• Well-honed consultative and coaching skills
• High degree of integrity and honesty
• Demonstrated ability to stay objective and exercise sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations
• Diplomatic; tactful and thoughtful in interactions with others
• Extensive working knowledge of general HR practices, programs and policies
• Excellent working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
• Effective group consensus building and influencing skills
• Experience facilitating groups
• Experience working within a complex, dynamic environment
• Prior HR experience in a creative, artistic and/or high tech industry
Pixar is an equal opportunity employer.