Online Finishing Editor - Night Shift
Picture Production CompanyLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Online Finishing Editor - Night Shift jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Online Finishing Editor - Night Shift postings
Full Time Job
ROLE OVERVIEW: Working within a team of 4 this role is part of the evening shift providing support to our Asian clients. This is an Online finishing role specifically for Broadcast and internet delivery platform. This role is strictly for those who have a technical eye for editing and noticing errors with regards to QC'ing. The majority of the work involves machine work editing and repeating the process.
SHIFT WORK: Sunday through to Thursday
6.30 pm until 2.00 am
Plus some weekend work
This is an office-based role (cannot be done remotely)
• Working closely with the evening team; Localization Manager, Graphic Designer & Audio Engineer to produce localised content from TV spots / Trailers / Featurettes / Promos for the Asian market.
• Organising own workflow and ensuring all files are filed and named accurately with regards to projects and delivery of files.
• Constructing foreign language passes of short form marketing materials including the import and placement of graphics, audio and subtitles.
• Produce and deliver final master & broadcast materials, inclusive of use of signal clamps, broadcast meters, monitoring, file production, digital asset management and helping in the delivery process where necessary.
• Understand and troubleshoot / QC material that may fail compliance.
• Building relationships with marketing and operations personnel within the territories.
• Working with the US office personnel and UK office to ensure all communication across all jobs is efficient and correct.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working within a broadcast delivery field essential
• High level of understanding of codecs / frame-rates / transcoding / reverse telecine material / add & remove pull down
• Ability to problem solve technical issues as well as have speed for tight deadline delivery
• Quality Control experience is desirable
• Good housekeeping skills are essential to have projects organised and clearly labelled.
• Working knowledge of the Post Production process
• Knowledge of operating systems, protocols, audio, cinema 4D and after effects for graphic designer
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• FCP 7
• Premiere CC
• Media Encoder CC
• Davinci Resolve (Advantageous but no essential)
• Smoke (Advantageous but not essential)
• Adobe AE CC (Advantageous but essential)
• The ability to understand reading Legal Scopes & QC'ing material before it gets distributed.
• The ability to work fast and efficiently in sometimes stressful situations