Freelance Avid Editor
Picture HeadHollywood, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Freelance Avid Editor jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Freelance Avid Editor postings
Online Editor is responsible for the online/conform of content (trailers, TV spots, reels), accurately matching offline/work picture and applying finishing details to ready content for master delivery.
• Applies color correction, both creatively and to match an existing look
• Performs vfx tasks such as ''blood to mud,'' blurs, and basic compositing
• Adheres to facility's organizational structure for shared projects
• Overcuts various projects with speed and accuracy
• Tracks a variety of source material, including VFX shots, dailies, etc.
• Masters to client specifications, including tape-based layoffs and file creation using compression and encoding standards
• Performs other tasks as assigned by Post-Supervisors and Technical Operations staff
• Tracks and inputs billable and non-billable hours into Company billing system, Xytech
Must be extremely proficient in Avid Media Composer and EDL management. Has experience with feature marketing post production, including MPAA restrictions. Editor must have fine attention to detail, specifically regarding media management and project management. Confidence running client sessions required. Editor should be a team player able to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines, and should display a creative sensibility towards editorial tasks and problem-solving. Knowledge of third-party plug-ins a plus.
Solid background in a post production facility. At least 5 years of professional Avid experience; other editing platforms and compositing a plus.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
General office setting; no special requirements.