Vice President, Production Planning & Operations
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Production Planning & Operations reports to the President of the Pac-12 Networks.
The Vice President, Production Planning & Operations is responsible for helping to create, implement and manage all production operational processes and procedures at the Pac-12 Networks’ headquarters in San Francisco and at the remote production sites for all live sports events (850) and with all studio productions (approximately 600 annually) at the network’s headquarters and remote locations.
The Vice President, Production Planning & Operations’ fiscal responsibilities include overseeing the production and departmental costs associated with 24/7 television broadcasting over 7 linear networks and to help manage the annual Capital Expense Plan.
The Vice President, Production Planning & Operations is also responsible for participating in the long range planning of the network’s technical infrastructural, broadcasting operations and production coverage, ensuring we are delivering the highest quality while incorporating innovation, efficiencies and collaboration across the board.
Key Areas Reporting to the Vice President Production Planning & Operations, include:
• Remote Production Management, Studio Operations, Production Ops Travel Department, Remote & Studio Crewing Department, Mobile Unit Facilities
• Overseeing negotiations and contracts with all technical facility providers for remote productions including mobile units, data services, fiber & satellite distributors, etc.
• Overseeing department responsible for hiring or crewing more than 15,000 daily hires/ freelance positions across 6 states per year.
• Integrate and work closely with the engineering department and the university liaisons to ensure remote venues at all 12 universities are Pac-12 TV Ready and the operations run smoothly.
• Integrate and work closely with the Programming department while scheduling and coordinating the remote events and studio productions.
• Integrate and work closely with the networks’ Finance, Legal, and Human Resources departments to help develop “best practices” and create efficient, accountable, sustainable work flow and processes across departments that affect production operations.
• Consistently monitor all 7 networks, studio and remote productions.
• Keep the President of Pac-12 Networks and senior staff updated and informed on a regular basis.
• Manage the budgets for all departments reporting into Production Planning & Operations to the annual approved budgets.