Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/20/2016 5:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Systems Administrator jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Systems Administrator postings
Full Time Job
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, support and maintenance of systems hardware and software and the related infrastructure. The SA will perform research and development to ensure continual innovation of the systems’ infrastructure. This individual is accountable for Linux, Windows and Application systems that support the enterprise and TV production operations. This role reports to the Manager, Systems Engineering & Administration.
The SA will participate on projects and will be focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development through to hand-off to the production staff. In the initiation and planning phases of a project this role will drive the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy within the project life-cycle. This role will also assist with the design and implementation phases which will include technical design analysis and supporting the operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Engineering & Administration
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform daily system monitoring in order to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate location.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Participate in failure analysis in conjunction with other technical experts; recommend revisions in processes and systems where possible to improve system performance. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades as needed and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Upgrade existing systems and configure new system software as necessary.
• Maintain documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Emergency - Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related field.
• Minimum of two to three years' related systems administration experience.
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft
• Must possess an understanding of TCP/IP, access control lists (ACLs), security, firewalls and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be internet savvy with regards to security, DNS, SMTP, syslog, and Virtual Private Networks.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Virtual Machine (VM) systems, Active Directory (AD) systems, Amazon Web Services, SAN and NAS network storage systems, experience with Client/Server system architectures and database backend systems and network file systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of people, technical and non-technical employees, peers, internal and external clients, vendors, and senior management.
• Ability to be on-call 24-hours to provide support for escalated trouble issues.
• Certifications such as AWS, ACSP, CompTIA A , HDI-SCA, CCT, CCNA, CBNE, and/or CCENT
• Technical training in Computer Networking and Network Security
• Experience with Virtualization, A/V technologies, Windows or Apple system imaging
• Familiarity with digital media industry including; alternative media distribution technologies including VOD, streaming, on demand, mobile platforms and other emerging technologies
• Knowledge of and experience working with AutoCAD
• Experience in setup and configuration of file based workflow systems