Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Pac-12 Networks is a 24/7 media company that consists of TV networks and digital properties designed to connect fans with their favorite Pac-12 teams and universities.
Our Network Engineer position is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of television at the Conference of Champions. In this critical role, you will deliver the network that supports our live television production, post production, enterprise systems, and digital media delivery.
As part of our team, you will have a large impact on Pac-12 networks, by building and maintaining complex networking systems. You will apply your curiosity and research new technologies, figure out their practical applications within our framework and then bring it to life in a production network.
• Design and plan mission critical systems that power the Pac-12 Networks
• Assist with maintenance of computer networking systems and technology, provide knowledge transfer to maintenance staff and ensure documentation is accurate and shared
• Participate in operational planning and support for the full network stack including working with Internet 2 and the ITS groups at each of our member universities
• Act as first-line point of escalation for the Maintenance Engineers and key users
• Build capabilities for monitoring, alerting, and automation
• Build adaptive network security capabilities that protect valuable company data and drive accountability and transparency in daily operations
• Identify opportunities for business enablement through the use of networking
• BA/BS degree or or equivalent practical experience.
• Three to five years of prior work experience in a media or IP technology environment
• Appropriate certification (CCNA, CCENT, CCNP,JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, or CCDA) as evidence of base-level skill set
• Demonstrable experience with:
• L3 routing protocols: OSPF&BGP
• Cisco Meraki wireless products
• Cisco CLI configuration on: NXOS, IOS, CATOS
• L2 Protocols: STP&VLANs
• Juniper CLI configuration on JUNOS
• Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of data networks and servers applicable to television broadcasting, broadcast related platforms and/or file-based workflows
• Experience in support of media distribution technologies including VOD, streaming, on-demand and web technologies