Manager, Infrastructure Engineering & Administration
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Infrastructure Engineering & Administration is a critical part of the Engineering and Technology Group. This highly influential and visible position will act as the Company’s subject matter expert and thought leader for infrastructure engineering. The position reports to the Vice President, Engineering & Technology.
As a working Manager, day-to-day activities will include leading the provisioning, configuration, operation, maintenance, and support of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Additionally, this position will also participate and support solutions design, project planning and change management, development and maintenance of the disaster recovery and business continuation plans, technology implementation, and user support.
• Lead and mentor Infrastructure team, setting goals and managing to KPIs
• Build deep knowledge of our systems, serving as point for systems knowledge transfer across the group.
• Provide hands-on management of our systems, while participating in and managing on-call rotation, and assisting with troubleshooting issues on our infrastructure.?
• Manage planning and prioritization using agile engineering practices, with a focus on repeatable processes.
• Lead the selection and implementation of configuration management tools, deployment automation, and orchestration tools.
• Collaborate with key members of our engineering team to spearhead a cloud-first approach wherever possible.
• Devise the strategy and implementation approach to system monitoring and log management.
• Work to develop a comprehensive backup and disaster recovery plans.
• Manage stakeholder communications and escalations during projects and production incidents.
• Contribute to the production of annual capital plan and operating budgets; monitoring and reporting budget vs. actual cost for infrastructure projects and operations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or another related field.
• Minimum of two to three years' related systems administration experience.
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft. Must possess an understanding of TCP/IP, access control lists (ACLs), security, firewalls and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be internet savvy with regards to security, DNS, SMTP, syslog, and Virtual Private Networks.
• Ability to be on-call 24-hours to provide support for escalated trouble issues.
• Experience managing a staff and influencing the technical direction of an organization.
• Prior work experience in a media or IP technology environment.
• Familiarity and experience working in a Linux environment.
• Experience designing, deploying and maintaining automation frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
• Experience designing, deploying and maintaining bare metal provisioning and multiple server installations (Kickstart).
• Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
• Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
• Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
• Certifications such as AWS, ACSP, CompTIA A , HDI-SCA, CCT, CCNA, CBNE, and/or CCENT.
• Technical training in Computer Networking and Network Security.
• Experience with Virtualization, Containers, A/V technologies, Windows or Apple system imaging.
• Familiarity with digital media industry including; alternative media distribution technologies including VOD, streaming, on demand, mobile platforms, and other emerging technologies.