Manager, IT Support
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2016 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Manager, IT Support jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Manager, IT Support postings
Full Time Job
The Manager, IT Support is a working manager and will both perform IT support duties and manage the IT Help desk staff.
The role will focus on three main areas; 1) being responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Help desk including managing a staff; 2) implementing a more process-based orientation for the provision of general support and when rolling out upgrades or new technologies and; 3) act as subject matter expert for the provision of IT Security, Compliance and Privacy measures. Work hours will include nights, weekends and holidays. This position resides within the Technology and Engineering group and reports to the Senior Manager, Technology Support.
Management of day-to-day of support activities
• Provide high-quality IT support by troubleshooting and remediating end-user issues in both the TV Production and Enterprise areas. Ensure IT Help Desk staff does the same.
• Daily tasks will include: Google administration and integration, maintain WDS Image Library, general hardware and software support; desktop security and anti-virus and patch management; LAN support, Active Directory support; mobile device integration and support; VPN account set-up, employee on-boarding and off-boarding; maintain and audit software license and hardware inventories; and VoIP system administration.
• Build and nurture positive working relationships with end users with the intention of exceeding client expectations. This role will rely on the candidate’s working technical knowledge, problem-solving and people skills to ensure Pac-12 users have swift and satisfactory resolutions to their technical problems.
• Availability to participate on a 24x7 basis to emergency facility needs.
Planning & Process
• Provide oversight and leadership for the support and upgrading of all desk-top and enterprise related hardware and systems software. This includes the creation and use of a proper dev environment to plan, test and roll-out new installations and upgrades for equipment and software.
• Provide oversight and leadership for the creation and maintenance of a data retention policy and related procedures.
• Responsible for tracking, identifying, correcting and reporting end-user issues, and in most cases, uncovering and correcting the root cause of issues. Through issue tracking, identify trends regarding staff, end-user and system’s performance.
• Perform lessons learned exercises after anomalies to refine staff performance.
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures for the department.
• Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
• Plan, coordinate and conduct preventative testing and training for the entire company.
• Perform internal and external vulnerability assessments.
• Perform or oversee well controlled vulnerability exploitation/penetration testing on applications, network protocols, and databases.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred; with an Information security designation (CISSP, CISM or equivalent).
• 3-5 years' experience supervising/managing a corporate IT team and direct experience performing day-to-day IT support.
• 1-2 years' exposure designing and managing system security.
• Experience with Google applications, AWS and Sophos.
• Must have a working knowledge and strong understanding of the following technologies: Windows Active Directory, MS Windows 2008 based servers, Cisco UCS, network routing and switching, IDS/IPS, cloud computing and cloud-based services, data back-up and retention tools (Crash Plan), MDM, server and desktop virtualization, Internet-facing applications, MS-SQL, DNS, TCP/IP, Wifi access points and Cisco UCM call manager
• Good relationship management and negotiation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and build IT teams.
• Help Desk data tracking and analysis skills.
• Experience with Virtualization, A/V technologies, Windows or Apple system imaging a huge plus.
• Certifications such as AWS, ACSP, CompTIA A , HDI-SCA, CCNA, CBNE, and/or CCENT are big pluses.
• Familiarity with digital media industry including online, TV everywhere, mobile, tablets and other emerging technologies.