Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Technical Support Group provides the customer-facing services of the Engineering and Technology department. This group plans and provides preventative services in order to achieve the goals of minimum downtime and maximum staff productivity. The work of the department is to keep any delays to a minimum and provide immediate response to customer needs with a goal getting work back in progress with minimum delay. Technologies supported are TV Broadcast, TV Production, IT and AV.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
The Maintenance Engineer position is responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day maintenance and operations of the underlying broadcast and TV production technological infrastructure and for elements of IT technology that supports the activities of the Company. Preventative maintenance is a critical part of maximizing technology uptime to maximize productivity and is a primary responsibility of this position. Due to the nature of the business, work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Technology Support.
• Technical Support- Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support and repair of broadcast technologies, television production and IT equipment across multiple functional areas. Act as a subject matter expert and first point of escalation for production and post-production staffs and transmission. Participate in department's efforts to investigate service anomalies or hardware malfunctions. Assist Help Desk staff with desktop, IT and AV related issues. Repair of Field production equipment.
• Maintenance - Participate and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule in order to provide the Company with an efficient and reliable technical infrastructure.
• Customer-focused Approach - Provide a customer care philosophy that emphasizes customer satisfaction.
• Business Continuity- Actively participate in and contribute to the disaster recovery and business continuity program. Work with management to help plan the future needs of enterprise activities.
• Vendor Interface - First point of escalation for vendors to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Coordinate maintenance efforts with master control vendor, CMC.
• SOPs - Update documentation such as standard operating procedures for the Support Group.
• Projects & Capital Planning - Contribute to the project planning effort. Evaluate and recommend infrastructure components, software, and tools.
• Emergency- Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Assist Facilities Group with MEP and Telephone systems support.
• All other duties, as assigned.
• Minimum of five years' experience in working as a maintenance engineer in television, video post production, system's integrator or digital media organization.
• Associate's Degree or Technical Certificate in electronics, computer or related field. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in both IP technology and principles and broadcast technologies design and support.
• Technical training in Computer Networking and Network Security.
• Experience with Client/Server system architectures and Database backend systems.
• Experience with Windows and Apple desktop computer equipment and software applications.
• Experience with non-linear edit system and file-based workflow systems.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment. Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on schedule.
• Knowledge of and experience working with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office productivity software (Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar).
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships and a high level of interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with different levels of management and teams and effectively address their demands and build trust.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Ability to travel
• Experience in support of alternative media distribution technologies including VOD, streaming, on demand and web technologies.
• Experience in setup and configuration of file-based workflow systems.
• Familiarity with digital media industry including online, TV everywhere, mobile, tablets, and other emerging technologies.
• Certification such as CCNA, CBNE, CCENT or CCT.
• SBE or SMPTE membership.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about Pac-12