IT Support Specialist
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The IT Support Specialist will build and maintain users’ trust in the IT Maintenance and Support Group as a skilled expert, troubleshooting, and addressing issues. This role will rely on problem-solving and people skills to assure Pac-12 users have swift resolutions to their technical problems. This position will keep their own technical know-how up to date. Relying on customer service talent and an empathetic nature, this role will provide technical support every day.
Specifically, this position will provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to Pac-12 users. This role will quickly diagnose issues on the spot, explaining situations with confidence, patience, and empathy. Getting users up and running again, as quickly as possible is a priority. Committed service is provided with style, speed, and skill. Building the trust of Pac-12 users and coworkers alike will be done by offering guidance, knowledge, and even tips and training.
Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays. This position reports to the Manager, IT Security & Support.
• Technical Support – Provide Help Desk support on both Mac and PC platforms, to the entire Pac-12 company. Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support and repair of desktop, IT and AV systems across multiple functional areas. Act as the first point of escalation for Company workers regarding IT issues.
• Maintenance – Participate and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule in order to provide the Company with an efficient and reliable IT infrastructure.
• Day-to-day – Daily tasks will include: Google administration and integration, enterprise Mac support, enterprise deploy solutions such as JAMF, maintain WDS Image Library, General hardware and software support; Desktop security and antivirus and patch management; LAN support, Active Directory support; Mobile device integration and support; VPN account set-up, Employee onboarding and off boarding; maintain and audit software license and hardware inventories; and VoIP system administration.
• Staff set-up - Set up, change and tear-down of equipment for end-user use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, KVM, operating systems, and appropriate software. Document all changes.
• Customer-focused Approach - Provide a customer care philosophy that emphasizes customer satisfaction.
• Emergency – Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong OSX and Windows knowledge, including some AD administration.
• Technical training in Computer Networking and Network Security.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills.
• Previous VOIP configuration/administration (Cisco Communications Manager preferred).
• Previous experience with cloud based services (including Google Apps for work).
• An aptitude for acquiring skills in technical repairs and an eagerness to learn.
• Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
• Minimum of one to three years of prior work experience in a helpdesk or customer-facing role.
• Minimum of Associate’s Degree or Technical Certificate in electronics, computer or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Flexible work schedule, including the availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency facility needs.
• Knowledge and experience in both IP technology and principles and broadcast technologies design and support.
• Experience with Virtualization, A/V technologies, Windows or Apple automated systems management a huge plus.
• Scripting knowledge (BASH, Python, Powershell, Applescript, etc.)
• Familiarity with digital media industry including online, TV everywhere, mobile, tablets and other emerging technologies.
• Any certification such as ACSP, CompTIA A , HDI-SCA, CCNA, CBNE, and/or CCENT is a big plus.