Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Pac-12’s Data Engineer position is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of business intelligence at the Conference of Champions. Our goal is to help our schools understand and serve their fans, creating the best fan experiences in sports. We’re looking for candidates to help us build a new business intelligence team to drive fan engagement across the Pac-12 conference.
As a Data Engineer on our team, you’ll help build our data infrastructure from scratch. You will play a key role in building one of the most sophisticated data platforms in college sports.
The ideal candidate has:
• A love of sports!
• Ability to design, build, and maintain our data warehouse and ETL pipeline.
• Extensive, hands-on experience with BigQuery, Redshift, RDS, or similar data warehouse technology.
• Expert-level experience with SQL, query performance tuning, data modeling on the following or equivalent platforms: MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, SQL Server, etc.
• Experience with Master Data Management (MDM), customer record deduping, etc.
• Excellent programming skills using Python, Java, PHP, Shell, etc.
• System management expertise with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery, automated schema migration, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
• Experience with Tableau, Domo or other BI tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience partnering with business and product to deliver data solutions against strategic goals.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.