Manager, Human Resources
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Manager is a strategic partner to business leaders, and provides counsel to all employees on functional areas such as performance management, employee relations, and training and development. This HR team member is also a contributor to broader HR initiatives, and will have ownership of key programs across the company, and closely partnering with managers to implement programs that will meet and exceed the Company's goals. The Human Resources Manager collaborates with senior HR counterparts on projects, and operates independently on other matters, escalating as needed.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Partners closely with managers to gain insights on their business, team performance, etc. and develops and implements strategies to reach the division's goals, ensure organizational efficiency, and tracks progress of strategies and adjusts as necessary
• Maintains trusted relationships with employees of all levels to effectively provide guidance and support in implementing HR initiatives, and in the areas of employee relations, performance management, promotions, transfers, separations, etc.
• Coaches managers and employees on employee relations issues, including disciplinary action meetings and terminations, using independent discretion and judgment
• Drives Performance Management activities by coaching managers on how to manage performance issues, facilitate discussions between manager and employee, provides guidance to manager and employees throughout performance improvement plans, including terminations as needed
• Analyzes compensation to ensure internal equity and salaries comparable with the industry; develops salary budgets and forecasts and makes recommendations as necessary
• Develops and drives implementation of HR policies and initiatives (i.e. Training and Development, Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition, Retention, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, Diversity, etc.)
• Owns onboarding program to include analyzing new hire survey data, ensure high quality of new hire satisfaction, and making recommendations to continually evolve onboarding processes
• Collaborates with managers to create and maintains all job descriptions
• Owns off-boarding program to include conducting exit interviews, analyzing exit surveys to gain insight and recommend strategies to improve company culture
• Manage compliance of company policies and procedures by communicating, educating and training managers and employees , to include creating and conducting Manager Meetings
• Point of escalation for HR inquiries and requests related to employee relations, payroll, benefits, etc.
• Analyzes and summarizes HR data to measure success of HR initiatives, to identify trends/issues, and create insights and strategies that can be shared with management
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislation, and making recommendations to management on needed actions
• Act as lead on company wellness program and initiatives, including planning in-house employee wellness activities
• Performs basic benefits administration
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 6 years of Human Resources Generalist experience
• Strategic Thinking: Strong ability to conceptualize, communicate, recommend and execute new strategies and programs
• Communication and Relationship Building: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), particularly in building relationships with business leaders
• Change Management: Ability to suggest and sell new and effective alternatives to current practices
• HR Expertise and Business Acumen: Strong command of HR regulations, HR and Business practices, and current trends in HR and Business
• Adaptability: Ability to be able to work and flex in fast paced environment with complex business changes
• Conflict Management and Mediation: Able to successfully handling and resolving issues, disagreements and disputes.
• Client Focus: Consultative and solutions oriented professional, with experience developing and maintaining client focus to support the development of business solutions that achieve and maintain overall client satisfaction
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D